Community involvement and charity work are important parts of Eric's life. For this reason, when establishing WAGNER ACCOUNTING LIMITED, Eric decided to dedicate a third of his firm's time to accounting work for charities.
Eric is personally and professionally involved with a number of other volunteer projects including:
- Six years of fundraising for the Multiple Sclerosis Super Cities Walk for the Cure.
- Donating his time each week, for three years, at a local CAP Site that promotes free public access to computers.
- Acting as the volunteer co-treasurer for the above CAP Site.
- Sponsor and participant of the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) Bowl-A-Thon and Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
Additionally, Eric and WAGNER ACCOUNTING LIMITED are pleased to support:
- The Nova Scotia SPCA
- The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life
- The Daniel McLellan Memorial Fund Hair for Hero's - Fundraising event to help families with children in treatment for Leukemia.
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia
- Srebrenica Mothers - An association assisting mothers who survived the Srebrenica massacre in 1995. This association is searching for the missing persons and helping the survivors who returned to their destroyed homes.
Eric is an active member of Chartered Professional Accountants Nova Scotia (CPANS) and Certified Management Accountants Nova Scotia (CMANS) through which he has donated his time as a mentor to students. He has also volunteered his time as a member of the CMA Halifax Chapter Committee.
Eric offers free tax clinics in March and April for those with restricted incomes, as well as for recent immigrants to Canada. Throughout the year he also provides, by referral, discounted or free services to those having limited means.